MINI CONICAL CABBAGE SAUERKRAUT
Number of servings
- 8 pieces of mini conical cabbage
- 2-3 tablespoons of rock salt
- Wash the mini conical cabbage, cut it in half and chop into strips of a few millimeters using a shredder. In a large bowl, sprinkle salt, which we thoroughly rub into the shredded leaves.
- Transfer to a special barrel or a large jar. Pack the cabbage tightly into the jar. Putting weight and pushing down as we fill. A plastic bag filled with salt, beans or groats works well as a weight. We pickle for about a week and remove the weight. However, make sure that no piece of cabbage floats above the liquid. This can cause the sauerkraut to go bad.
- Transfer to smaller jars and seal tight. You can also place the sauerkraut in the fridge for a milder pickled flavour.
PRODUCTS USED IN RECIPE