FLATBREAD WITH SPINACH IN BUTTER AND CREAM SAUCE
Number of servings
- 450 g of wheat flour 500
- 150 ml of water
- 70 g of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of salt (8-10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 150 ml cream 18%
- 50 g grated hard cheese, e.g. Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel
- a pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 pack of spinach
- 1 pack of lamb’s lettuce
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Thickly grated parmesan
- Combine flour with salt and sugar. Mix yogurt with water and add to the flour. Add oil and mix with a spoon or fork. Then pulverize the dough with your hands until the flour and liquids are combined. We form a ball and cover it with foil then wait 30 minutes.
- Now place the dough onto a pastry board and roll out for 5-10 minutes until a smooth and elastic dough is obtained. Cover with foil and wait another 30 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 parts and form each into a separate ball. We cover the dough balls with foil and wait 10 minutes. Then roll out the dough thinly to a diameter of about 30 cm.
- To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together.
- When the dough is resting, we can take care of the spinach and lamb’s lettuce, which we rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Heat a pan with butter, on which we fry the thinly sliced garlic. Add the spinach and cook until most of the liquid evaporates. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven with a baking tray to 230°C. Remove the baking tray and place the dough on the heated surface. Spread a few spoons of sauce and add spinach. Bake for 10 minutes, then take out. When the flatbread cools down a bit, cut it into several parts and decorate with fresh lamb’s lettuce and thickly grated Parmesan cheese.
PRODUCTS USED IN RECIPE