PANZANELLA WITH BABY SPINACH AND BROAD BEAN
Number of servings
- 1 pack of baby spinach
- ½ loaf of stale, wheat bread
- 2 ripe and sweet tomatoes or 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 300 g broad beans
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- a few sprigs of basil
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- optional: grated parmesan
- Wash and dry the young spinach thoroughly. We cut the bread into cubes. In a bowl, mix with olive oil and toast for a few minutes in a frying pan or 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 200 ° C to get crispy croutons. Transfer back to the bowl.
- Boil the broad beans in salted water for 5 minutes and cool in a bowl of cold water. Peel and put in a bowl.
- When the croutons have cooled down, add the spinach and diced tomatoes. Dice the shallot and garlic very finely and add to the rest.
- We also add torn basil and all the spices. We mix thoroughly. The salad is ready literally 5 minutes after mixing. Transfer to a plate and as an option you can sprinkle with grated, mature cheese.
PRODUCTS USED IN RECIPE